If you’re planning on attending a screening of West Wind: The Vision of Tom Thompson, which takes place at the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto from Friday, April 20th to Thursday, April 26th at 7:00 pm each night, be sure to watch out for a pale green Chestnut canoe. On April 20th, the canoe will be portaged around the block by an actor portraying Thompson, and it will also be on display in the lobby for a time. The film will be available on DVD in the museum store shortly after the premiere.
Search our Blog
Photos on Flickr
- Our Canoe Restoration Wrkshp is underway! Come see Pam Wedd of Bearwood Canoes teaching a full class 10am-5pm today! https://t.co/oZOKunlr6B 21 hours ago
- RT @Classroom4H: Thanks @CndnCanoeMuseum for the engaging and informative @SkypeClassroom virtual field trip! https://t.co/uCVp2UlmAJ 1 day ago
- RT @kawarthaNOW: Inspiration behind design for new @CndnCanoeMuseum in #Ptbo revealed at public meeting - kawarthanow.com/kawarthanowgui… https://t… 1 day ago
- New canoe museum aims to complement Lift Lock | Peterborough Examiner #museumonthemove thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2016/05/27/new… 1 day ago
- New Canoe Museum architects aim to blend architecture with landscape #museumonthemove mykawartha.com/news-story/669… via @kawarthanews 1 day ago