If you’re planning on attending a screening of West Wind: The Vision of Tom Thompson, which takes place at the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto from Friday, April 20th to Thursday, April 26th at 7:00 pm each night, be sure to watch out for a pale green Chestnut canoe. On April 20th, the canoe will be portaged around the block by an actor portraying Thompson, and it will also be on display in the lobby for a time. The film will be available on DVD in the museum store shortly after the premiere.
Search our Blog
Photos on Flickr
- A #behindthescenes look at a #canoe restoration in progress at the Canoe Museum. Check it out in today's blog: canoemuseum.wordpress.com/2014/09/17/res… 5 hours ago
- Join our Executive Director at the #Ptbo Historical Society tonight at 7:30pm for a talk on the Future of the Museum canoemuseum.ca/events/canoe-m… 1 day ago
- #ArtifactOfTheWeek for Sept 15-21 - the Coastal Salish Dugout Canoe. 6.27 metres in length. Available for adoption canoemuseum.ca/?s=977.5&submi… 2 days ago
- Museum members got a special opportunity to explore the collection's storage facility today with the Curator. http://t.co/kq4glbD66V 2 days ago
- Members behind-the-scenes tour of the collection and 2014 Wipper Lecture is now on at the Museum until 5pm. http://t.co/QfnIJC4vxP 3 days ago